Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I'm Ruined

I was reading Heirloom Baking with the Brass Sisters, which is a dangerous book.

There's a recipe in here for Mayonnaise Biscuits.  I thought, that's weird.

Then today I was on AllRecipes, and then there they were again.

Clearly, God wanted me to make these biscuits.  I'm almost sorry I did.  Because they are THAT good.  And worse...easy.

I'm so sorry.





Mayo Biscuits

2 c. self-rising flour (I made my own:  1 c. all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder, and 1/2 tsp. salt)
1 c. milk
6 tbsp. mayo

Mix all together.  Seriously.  That's how easy they are.  These are drop biscuits, so you just drop them onto a lightly greased cookie sheet like you were making cookies.  Only maybe a little bigger than a cookie.  Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.  Done.



I tasted one when they came out of the oven.  This is a light biscuit.  You will not be making egg sandwiches with these.  It was so good, I whipped up another batch right then and there.  Dangerous.

4 comments:

  1. Those look and sound so tasty....can't wait to make a batch of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. I will try them because I am curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just cleaning my fridge and saw some mayo I wanted to use up, AND I have self rising flour that I just didn't know what to do with. You must have looked in my kitchen and said, "Bek needs to do something with these things and I'll help her out by giving her a super good recipe". Yep, I'm sure you thought just that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, good!!! Let me know how they turn out for you!

    ReplyDelete

I am very needy. I need your comments.