Friday, April 15, 2011

Week in Review--We're crabby

Remember last week when I fantasized that I would have some sort of perfect, traditional homeschooling week?

Bwhahahahhahahahahaha.

Seriously.  I'm so funny.  I admit that I only hinted at the fantasy, but I knew what I meant.  You know, lots of boring worksheets and evidence of education.  I think about the evidence a lot because my state requires portfolios.  Exhausting.

We had a wonderful week.  There was a lot of sunshine so we played outside a lot.  I forgot how much I love to play softball with the kids!

One of the talks I went to at the homeschool convention last month was about notebooking, and I am really working to integrate that into our way of doing things.  The kids all drew pictures of crustaceans.  They each produced a "serious" work, but then started inventing their own crustaceans.  I think that's pretty awesome, as they all were decapods, arthropods, etc.  They were applying what they've learned, so that is good.

Silly's rainbow crab.

Goofy's, well, goofy crab.

Scrappy's rock star crabs, and audience.

Funny's Christmas Island crab invasion.  That's a car running over the crabs.
That's what they do there.  There are that many crabs.


The kids spent an entire rainy afternoon reading all sorts of books to one another.  I look back on how stressed I was over their reading at the beginning of the year.  I wonder why I keep worrying so much?  I totally know better.

I am hoping to wrap this year up in mid- to late-May.  Whew.  What a fun journey!

As usual, I am linking up with Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week. I know how you feel about stressing. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It amazes me that no matter how messed up we are, our kids still learn stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that I am not the only one who fantasizes about a "normal" week when reality hits and it is anything but "normal" - crazy! Maybe we homeschool moms need to make a pact to never use "normal" to describe our past or future weeks! May make life easier!

    Love the pictures your shared - too cute!!

    Thanks for stopping by to visit!
    Hope you have a blessed weekend!
    Blessings,
    Janelle
    www.usmajcole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do we put some much extra stress on ourselves?!?! It sounds like you are doing an awesome job!! Pat yourself on the back:)

    Have a great upcoming week!
    Renita
    www.krazykuehnerdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your week worked out. I love the crabs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that sure sounds like a fun week, even if it wasn't exactly what you had in mind. Homeschooling always seems to be like that, doesn't it?! The crab pics are so cute too!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am very needy. I need your comments.