Silly was the only one who remained vegetarian for the entire week. Well, it was 6 days, because on day 7 we went to a funeral luncheon and there was meat, meat, everywhere meat, on the buffet. On day 6 I caved and had some fish. Oh well.
Things I learned:
1. I don't actually want to be a vegetarian. It's more than my love of bacon that stops me.
2. If I had to be a vegetarian for health reasons or similar, I could. I think.
3. Indian food is really easy to cook. I am going to make more of it.
4. Most of my friends are quite supportive of my random schemes and plots. That's nice.
5. My kids are adventurous eaters. Okay, I knew that. But it is worth pointing out.
6. We were in a food rut, mostly because I claim to be busy, but really it's because I've been lazy.
7. We ate SO MUCH fruit this week. A lot more than usual. We should always eat that much fruit.
8. We need to eat more veggies. There are lots of places to throw them in while cooking, or ways to make them super tasty.
9. It would be nice if people thought about what vegetarians might like to eat at their events. And at restaurants. Gardenburger? For real?
10. There's going to be cauliflower pie in heaven.