Thursday, May 5, 2011

Vegetarian Recipes Needed!

A while back, I was talking to the kids about lobsters, and somehow, that turned into a conversation about factory farming and vegetarianism.  I know, things are kind of odd here sometimes.  Maybe all the time.  As a result of this conversation, we decided we would take a stab at being vegetarian for a week.  Now, I love many, many vegetarian dishes.  I don't really need meat, except for the occasional slice of bacon.

I thought I would ask any of my faithful readers if they have a favorite vegetarian dish they would like to share?  Some considerations:  we have baseball a few nights next week, so I need a portable dish or two that would we can eat while watching the game.  Also, we might be going to a cookout, and I could use a suggestion there, as well.  I know we could just eat massive amounts of side dishes, but there has to be a better way.

2 comments:

  1. This is a hard one. There are just so many options for yummy meat-free dishes. Pizza and salads are two of our favorites, but those are obvious. I always know I can turn to Mollie Katzen in these situations.
    I like hummus & cheese sandwiches for picnicking. Bread stuffed with tomato sauce and cheese would be good cold too, and pesto seems like it could play a part in all of this.
    Now you've got me thinking. I'm going to try to come up with more ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I forgot to post this recipe before.
    Spinach and Cheese Enchiladas
    ingredients :1 bag spinach stemmed and coarsely. Chopped
    2 tsp. Olive Oil
    4 cloves garlic chopped
    4oz shredded Cheddar or mont. Jackson cheese
    2c. Ricotta cheese
    1jar Salsa
    8 flour tortillas

    1. Heat oil in a skillet. Cook garlic on low for one minute.
    2. Add spinach. Cover and cook until wilted.
    3. Turn off heat and stir in cheese and Ricotta
    4. Spoon spinach mixture onto each tortilla; roll up and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
    5. Pour salsa on top and bake, covered at 375 for 15-20 minutes, until hot.

    ReplyDelete

I am very needy. I need your comments.