Sunday, January 2, 2011

Books I Read on my Christmas Vacation

Since my blog is ADD (covering homeschooling, cooking, etc.) I figure why not add more about the books I'm reading?  It's my blog and I can do what I want.

Easy by Emma Gold
I really hated the unnamed main character in this book for a good 150 pages.  In the end, I didn't abhor this book, but it was close.

How Santa Got His Job by Stephen Krensky
A very cute story about Santa's prior job experience (mail carrier, baker, etc.), which prepared him for becoming Santa Claus.

Rescue Bunnies by Doreen Cronin
I really love Click, Clack, Moo.  In fact, I would say it is one of my favorite children's books of all time.  This was just okay for me.

13 Words by Lemony Snicket
Excellent.  I love vocabulary.  I love Lemony Snicket (who also loves vocabulary).  A great book with wonderful art.

Snow is My Favorite and My Best by Lauren Child
I adore Charlie and Lola.  They have a great brother-sister relationship that is missing from a lot of books & shows (since it's also been made into a cartoon).  I especially like the cut paper illustrations.

The Magician's Nephew by CS Lewis
We listened to the audio version of this, from Focus on the Family radio theatre.  It's a pretty close adaptation, and it totally counts as being read, for me.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis
Audio.  Excellent.

The Horse and His Boy by CS Lewis
Audio.  I don't think I even really heard of this story until we got this set of CDs, but I really liked it.  It had a nice, tidy, happy ending.


I also started Cheap and The Burning Wire, but didn't finish them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am very needy. I need your comments.