Monday, April 26, 2010

Cumin-Lime-Cilantro Dressing

I don't dare claim this as an original creation. It's from Mollie Katzen's new book, Get Cooking. I highly recommend this book, especially if you are new to cooking from scratch and need a lot of direction. I also recommend it if you just like tasty food!

Cumin-Lime-Cilantro Dressing

1/4 c. fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
1/4 tsp. minced garlic (about 1/2 small clove)
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
heaping 1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. minced cilantro leaves
6 tbsp. olive oil

Put everything into a jar with a lid, and shake.

I use an old Frappucino jar. It's the perfect size, and fits in the door of the fridge. When I made this, I doubled it. If you double it, I would recommend using slightly less oil than 12 tbsp. Taste as you go, my friends!

2 comments:

I am very needy. I need your comments.