Sunday, July 10, 2011

Menu Plan for the Week of 7/11

It's been about a year since I last posted a menu, and I admit, I've been very hit or miss about even planning one.   Hub announced today that our household is starting an austerity program.  That's code for "not spending money."  Like many people, I am going to start by shaving the food budget.  However, that doesn't mean sacrificing quality.  It means no more going out to eat or ordering take out.  Even Indian food.  WAH!

MONDAY
B: bagels
L: leftover pasta
D: brined pork chops, cauliflower, watermelon

TUESDAY
B: cereal
L: pb&j, carrots
D: chicken legs, baked potatoes, corn on the cob

WEDNESDAY
B: fruit
L: crock pot mac & cheese
D: pizza (church)

THURSDAY
B: toast
L: meatloaf, fruit
D: veggie fried rice

FRIDAY
B: yogurt
L: eggs, fruit
D: buffalo chicken lasagna

SATURDAY
B: pancakes, fruit
L: leftovers
D: steak, homemade fries, broccoli

SUNDAY
B: leftover pancakes
L: bacon & egg sandwiches on bagels
D:  Mom's house

4 comments:

  1. There isn't nearly enough salad listed here. What about all the CSA goodies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salad will squeeze in. I can't plan for it, since I don't know exactly what I'm getting. But it's easy to add salads, or greens, or zucchini.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. I also made a menu plan (kinda) this week. It's been too long. I'm also feeling very motivated to start planning the up coming school year. This pro-activeness is so unlike me. I hope I follow through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nice thing about the plan is I have everything to follow the plan, but I am not a slave to the plan. If I get 6 or 7 zucchini this week w the CSA then I can scrap the plan one night and make zuccanoes.

    ReplyDelete

I am very needy. I need your comments.