Monday, July 19, 2010

Green beans with tomatoes

I did not move quick enough to get a picture of this. That means it was delicious, right!?

1 1/2 lb. fresh green beans, tipped and tailed
1 1/2 c. water

Put beans and water in a pot with a lid. Cover. Bring to a boil, turn to low, and simmer about 10 minutes. Drain.

1/4 c. butter
1 tbsp. sugar
3/4 tsp. garlic salt (I usually use garlic powder and salt)
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh basic (Dried is fine)
2 c. cherry tomatoes, halved (I have used one regular tomatoes, cut into chunks)

Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Stir in sugar, salt, garlic, pepper, and basil. Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring gently, just until soft. Pour mixture over beans and toss.

Seriously, this here is what summer is all about. Easy, delicious food.

3 comments:

  1. Did you eat this? It contains tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only ate like one little bite of tomato, then only beans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. was this the colorful photo on facebook? that pic looked really yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I am very needy. I need your comments.