Monday, June 7, 2010

Menu Plan for the Week of 6/7



I am making a few new things this week, which always makes me happy. I really think I have food ADD. I don't know if that's a real affliction, but it is to me. I get so bored eating the same things over and over again.

MONDAY
honeyed pork chops
salad
spanakorizo (spinach-tomato rice)

TUESDAY
penne, spinach & bacon

WEDNESDAY
spaghetti and meatballs

THURSDAY
take out

FRIDAY
meatloaf
mac & cheese
green beans

SATURDAY
party

SUNDAY
Mom's


Here's one of the recipes I'm trying this week. Let me know if you make it!

Honeyed Pork Chops

2 tbsp. oil
6 boneless pork chops (I am going to use 8 regular chops)
3 tbsp. honey
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. soy sauce
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. pepper

Heat oven to 325. Brown chops in oil on stovetop about 5 minutes on each side. Place into a casserole dish. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over top of chops. Bake for one hour.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I made the pork chops, and they were delicious. My recipe didn't say to cover them, but I did. Good thing, as I think they would have been dried out without the foil.

    ReplyDelete

I am very needy. I need your comments.