Monday, January 28, 2013

Valentine's Day Challenge



I've been doing the Women Living Well Valentine's Day Challenge.  I was afraid that I'd see how I need to do better in this area, and that has been the case.

If you buy into the love languages, I can tell you that Hub's languages are touch and quality time.  I don't mean the quality time that I like.  Instead, he likes for me to sit on the couch with him while he plays a video game, or go with him to play disc golf.  He just wants me to be near by.  My love language is words of affirmation.  We really couldn't be more opposite.

This challenge is out of my comfort zone.  Hub doesn't especially respond to words (that I have ever seen), but that's not a good reason not to do it.  I want to remember the little things he does for us.   This challenge has become more about what I focus on. It's easy in the busyness of life to forget just how perfect he is for me.

He works hard, even when he doesn't want to, or he's sick.  He plays Monopoly with the kids.  He does the dishes and sweeps the floor when I need a little help.  He reminds me that I am a good teacher when homeschooling is hard.  He is faithful.  He loves the Lord.  He balances me out when I'm about to go off the deep end.  He listens to me think out loud.  He holds me when I cry.

He's pretty awesome.


1 comment:

  1. Disc golf? We are huge fans of the game. I took up the game to be with my hubby. Sounds like you have a great guy!

    ReplyDelete

I am very needy. I need your comments.